Wednesday, October 31, 2007

nevermind

It's almost dancing, the way,
you walk real slow down that street,
Like every other day it's the last day of,
October wrecking all those shadows hanging 'round the sidewalk,
You walk away past faded summer flowers and dried up elderberries,
and old fallen leaves,
Then you turn around and look over your shoulder,
as the blackbirds land on the street, What is it,
that old guy at the bus stop used to say, "That is the part you throw away."
I want to panhandle that beggar's eye view of the alley way,
Into the back door of your heart,
And a winning horse kind of Monday,
That's all dead, buried and forgot,
All of St. Mary's prayers won't help you anyway,
It takes Houdini's Hands to keep this magic show together,
And someone who always knows when to stay,
Who but the lonely moon,
still understands the only thing keeping me sane,
Is riding with the windows down on cold days,
Will you let loose of the flowers on my grave,
Will you hold on to the vase after everything fades,
Will you wipe all these teardrops off my windowpanes,
I can't help thinking about the times,
we laughed as I close the screen door to the past,
I have done all of this at least once or,
twice if not a thousand times,
before like the call of the trains,
it still goes deep,
buried into my bones,
and only the wishes can stay,
when you go, all the kisses in the world,
can't know the lips will say last time,
I saw you felt like only yesterday,
forget to remember to nevermind,
instead I pasted all your letters on telephone poles all over town,
Time is just the memory of something better run aground,
it's not the road,
it is only the map,
You'll soon forget what I had to say,
for that is the part, you throw away

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home