Monday, December 19, 2005

not that i like complaining

oh my god...i musta been the only person in portland who had to work today...
okay, so maybe that's not true.
but it felt true, yo.

seriously i was one of those unfortunate types who still had to report to work inspite of the snow/ice storm we had yesterday. and let's just say it's a good thing i did. today was nuts. complete insanity from open to close. hordes and hordes and hordes. but i'm fine now.

i saw something over at (thesedaysbegin.blogspot.com) that i thought was worth replicating with my own variables, so here goes:

in the last year...

i have left all the homes i've never had
and buried them in my heart

i have packed up my life and shoved it into boxes
and hit the road over and over again

i went all the way up north
only to find i missed the south

i had to move to the city
in order to realize how much i loved the country

i have met the most amazing people
and had to leave them all behind

i fell in love with a guy straight from my dreams
and married him (in spite of being more or less against marriage)

i lost several jobs
and managed to find new ones

i've had my happiest moments
and felt like dying

i gave up some vices
and had to take them back

i have argued and cried
and kissed and made up

i have lost faith in my country
and learned to trust in its people

i have grown up a lot
by being around children

i have learned more about myself
for having been so many other people

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home