Saturday, December 31, 2005

gimme just one more night


"Give me just one more night, give me just one more night, one more night, cos I can’t wait forever..."

Well somehow it's the end of the year...2005. Can you believe it?
Yeah, me neither!
Here's a review of 2005 from my personal perspective:

Jan: Helloooo unemployment! Unlike George Bush who was sworn in for 4 more years of the war party, I got my pink slip at the end of Christmas season. Yep, January means jobless! With all that free time on my hands, I started taking Japanese again after not having done so for quite some time.
Feb: Started working at Valley View around V-Day, and began a long season of gainful employment, and quality time outdoors.
Mar: Added a new member to the family. Butterbean was born on March 13th. We also aquired the meth neighbors this month as well which led to about 30 days of sleep deprivation. what a fun month it was.
Apr: The busy season was starting up at the nursery. bare root season was almost over. things started blooming all over town. Amazingly it also frosted several times.
May: May was a month of nice weather, farmer's market trips and darn pretty scenery.
Jun: June was a glorious month of productive harvesting, and enjoying the weather. I began working over at Ashland more, and got to spend my time back on the familiar east slopes again.
Jul: We went back to Memphis, got married and spent a week out in the Smokey Mountains.
Aug: We moved to Portland and I finally resolved the longstanding DMV crisis. Shortly after all hell broke loose and Katrina destoryed the gulf coast.
Sep: While the judicial system was wracked by tragicomic upheavals, Brian started his gig, I started taking classes at PCC and working at the bookstore.
Oct: I started working with troubled teens at Marshall High School.
Nov: I started working for UPS which went a long way towards solving my financial needs.
Dec: after the mad rush of finals and Christmas season I'm glad it's all over. I even got accepted into graduate school so have at least some idea of what will come my way in the new year (more papers and tests!)...hopefully I'll be well on my way to a teaching license.

It was a crazy mixed up year. So many things happened, and so many things changed. My life is very different at the end of this year, than it was at the beginning.
But that's how it goes, I guess.

Happy New Year!
あけましておめでとうございます!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home