Saturday, October 26, 2013

Last chance

Taking a baby to the beach isn't the worst idea, but it's not exactly easy. I've been dying to go, though, and with the the tyranny of the nap schedule, ABA appointments, school, speech, and so forth, it's not easy to just run away for a day...but I've never needed it more.

The Oregon coast is so beautiful, it was hard for me to leave it, and every time I go, I never want to leave. No matter how cold/windy/stormy it gets, it sucks me in. It's my spiritual home, I suppose. When I die, I want someone to give me a Viking funeral.

As much as I wish I still lived in Waldport at times, the pragmatist in me knows that the drives to Corvallis for EVERYTHING would have sucked, so we must love each other from a distance, I guess.

So once in awhile, schedules and routines be damned. I'm gonna have to blow an afternoon and listen to cranky children in the car, put up with traffic, and just drive. If you can't get a wild hair once in awhile, what's the point of living?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home