Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Back to School Classroom Survey

How many kids in your classroom? What I do is more like resource than anything. We have a cap of 15, so I’m usually right at capacity. Occasionally I’ll have an extra student or two in the room when another instructor is absent. Then again, more than a dozen feels totally crowded in such a small room.

How many desks? I don’t have desks, but tables. I couldn’t fit 15 desks in my room if my life depended on it. We’re often one chair short.

Do you have anybody to help you? Other than sometimes having a student as a TA to do the photocopying, not really.

How much did you spend out of your own pocket to get your worksite ready for the first day? Not sure, but I do spend my own money on supplies and books.

What is your biggest concern? Currently it’s drug use. Generally it’s figuring out what to do with certain students who aren’t making progress.

What's the best and the worst thing going on in your school? Best-some of the trade instructors are showing signs of interest in collaboration around students (who need interventions). I'm also liking the Timed Reading Program. Worst-my colleagues are behaving worse than the students.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home