Monday, February 01, 2010

5 weeks

Cedar's about 5 weeks old this week.

He's still waking up wanting to be fed once in the middle of the night, and again around 6am, but otherwise stays asleep at night. He's usually pretty mellow during most of the day (although he tends to get a bit fussy in the evenings--poor Brian doesn't get to see him at his best, most of the time). He's been eating a lot more now (which used to worry me until I realized it's actually quite normal for a kid his age), so that keeps me pretty busy all day long (I pretty much feel like all I do most days is feeding/diaper changing which I could pretty much do with my eyes closed and one hand tied behind my back). His gas issues have improved quite a lot though, so he seems more comfortable.

He's been awake a bit more lately, and his eyes are wide open, and I've noticed him looking around at stuff. He's also getting to the point where he'll take naps more consistently during the day, and doesn't have to be held quite as much (he wouldn't really let you put him down the first couple of weeks). He still likes to cuddle though, and I spend a lot of time holding him and rocking him, which he loves. I finally found the power cord for the radio, so I've been playing music for him, which he still seems to like. It's been sunny off and on this week, so I've been taking him outside for walks around the neighborhood every chance I get. Sometimes I bring the dog if I'm in the right mood (and she's not totally getting on my nerves). He still seems to like car rides, which is fortunate since I had to drag him with me to the doctor's office, and on Sunday, I took him over to Margo's house for their Superbowl party, and he did alright overall (I had to take him for a walk during half-time).

I have seen him smile a few times, but can't usually catch him at it when I've got a camera handy. He does this cute little sigh, but otherwise still does his newborn squeaks and grunts. Everyone who sees him declares he's adorable, and I tend to agree!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home