Tuesday, September 01, 2009

On your mark, get set, GO!

Today marks the beginning of a new school year. For the first time in awhile, I won't be subbing either--I've got a permanent full-time gig at a high school this year.

Today was my first day at the new job, and at this point, it's still a bit hard to accept the fact that summer's over. Right now I'm just getting to know the building and my co-workers and the lay of the land. Next week, we'll be throwing kids into the mix too.

It feels like a bit of a daze right now. I'm not sure what to expect, but I'm pretty sure I'll be fine no matter what. I'm very flexible. Some things I'm expecting to be doing this year include:

-working primarily with students on the autism spectrum (grades 9-12)
-providing behavior support during the school day
-implementing instructional modifications
-data collection
-supervision during community activities and work activities (in other words, I'll be off-site at times)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home