Saturday, August 22, 2009

Mrs. Q's Pregnancy FAQs

Is this your first child? Yep!

What day did you find out you were pregnant? I suspected it for awhile, but I found out for sure on April 25, 2009.

How did you feel when you found out you were pregnant? Well, a bit surprised and rather excited. It was a pleasant surprise.

Who was with you? Brian was home at the time, so I told him right away.

Who was the first person you told? Besides Brian, I'm not sure. Didn't tell anyone right away, I don't think.

How did the daddy react? He was probably even more excited and happy than I was...

How did your parents react? They were thrilled.

Have they bought anything for the baby yet? No idea.

How often do they call to check on you? About once a week.

When was your first appointment? My first prenatal appointment was at 8 weeks.

When is your due date? End of December. I'm hoping we'll make it into January.

How far along are you? This is week 21.

Pre-pregnancy weight? Not sure, since I don't own a scale.

Weight now? I think I've gained around 10 lbs or so, but I really don't know.

Have you had an unltrasound? I had one around 19 weeks.

Have you heard the heartbeat? I think the first time I heard it was the 2nd or 3rd appointment. It was hard to find the first time, but every time I've been to the clinic, I've heard it...my running joke is that my baby's heartbeat sounds like a freight train.

What do you want? I don't care if it's a boy or a girl--I'm fine with either one.

What does the daddy want? I think he would prefer a boy, but he's never indicated any preference.

Are you going to videotape the birth? No way! Just pictures. I don't really want all the sound effects...

Natural or medicated? Natural, hopefully. I like to keep things simple.

Do you think you will need a c-section? Hopefully not!

Are you scared about the labor? I think I'm more scared of the hospital than the process of giving birth. I always get the hives when I have to go to a medical facility.

Do you have a name picked out? Not telling!

Is your baby going to be named after someone? No, I'm not into naming kids after other people. I think you should have your own identity.

Have you felt the baby move? I started feeling movement at 16 weeks. I tend to feel it most when I'm laying down, and when there's music.

Do you have stretch marks? Not yet, but there's still lots of time to get them...

What was your first symptom? Being really tired!

Will your baby have godparents? Yeah--I better get on that...

What is the baby's room theme? This one doesn't get a room to itself for awhile so I'm not doing any "themes".

What was the first thing you bought for the baby? Someone down the street was having a yardsale, and I bought a bunch of clothes.

Are you ready to be a mommy? As ready as I'm ever gonna be, I suppose. I'm pretty good with kids in general, so I think I'll be fine. I don't have much experience with babies besides sporadic encounters, but other people's babies seem to dig me. We'll see...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home