Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The News Round-up

No work today for me means I get to talk smack on the internet, yay!

I hate to say it, but I didn't know the man even had a heart!
"Cheney experiencing abnormal heart rhythm" WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Vice President Dick Cheney, who has a history of heart trouble, was experiencing an recurrence of an abnormal heart rhythm and will undergo a hospital procedure on Wednesday afternoon to address it, his spokeswoman said.

On a related note, is a vote for McCain really a vote for Sarah Palin? This guy's got lots of health issues too...

Bottled water not so pure? A study finds two brands of bottled water are "no less polluted than tap water." I wish I could wean B- off this stuff...every bottle gets recycled, but as an environmentalist, I hate the very idea of encouraging someone out there to keep manufacturing more plastic bottles, and you would not believe how over-packaged this stuff is. A case usually comes wrapped in thick plastic, and usually has even more on the inside around clusters of bottles. It's totally ridiculous. I don't get the attraction myself, I'm perfectly happy drinking our city water out of the tap (it tastes pretty good to me, and there's nothing profoundly wrong with it). On the plus side, I suppose, if he's going to have this vice, I'll just be grateful that he's drinking WATER (which is at least healthy) and not soda like most other Americans.

Bush, Paulson say economy's rebound will take time, but it would be really nice if they hadn't gotten us into this whole mess in the first place. Am I the only one not noticing that every time we have a Republican in office, the economy ends up in shambles?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home