Tuesday, September 23, 2008

slow times

It's been a pretty slow week around here. Nobody's called in sick anywhere, so I haven't had any work. This is the quietest my phone has ever been. In a sense though, it's fine. I've had interviews all this week. Nothing super exciting, but I should have some solid work fairly soon--although nothing full-time and location-stable.

This week is the first week that it's really sunk in that fall's here in a serious way. It's been cooler, rainier, and a lot more grey. I wore a coat for the first time this week. The heat's been coming on. Hot beverages have taken on a new importance in my life. I've been feeling like I have some kind of low-grade cold. Yep, all these are signs that fall has taken over.

This week's list:

1. abundant tomatoes-so many I have to give them away!
2. cooler weather (it was beastly the week before so I'm liking the change of pace)
3. saw an old student riding a bike down the street
4. meeting new people: there's a house down the street that's a lot like decleyre
5. getting the fall clothes out of the closet and putting summer ones away
6. starting the seed-saving process
7. finding a million baby food jars (with lids!) in someone's recycling bin
8. green gage plums
9. Eva's birthday
10. the last sunny days

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home