Monday, December 05, 2005

more reflections

"The people we are in relationship with are always a mirror, reflecting our own beliefs, and simultaneously we are mirrors reflecting their beliefs. So relationship is one of the most powerful tools for growth...if we look honestly at our relationships we can see so much about how we have created them." -- Shakti Gawain

This quote reminds me of something brian used to say to me a lot
in the early days of our courtship. It's true too, although I am only just beginning to understand it now.
This is the semester of personal growth, in a sense I've been doing some long overdue homework on identity issues. This isn't the first time I've started thinking about it, but this year is the first time I've had a chance to systematically explore who I am. And frankly it's kind of fascinating sometimes.

So for those of you who are in relationships, maybe something to think about some time is, what of yourself can you see more clearly being in a relationship with someone? For me, personally there are so many things I was only vaguely aware of before...i think you can only really be truly aware of yourself in the context of other people...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home