Sunday, June 08, 2008

my redneck neighbors

I knew my neighbors were rednecks, but I really underestimated how far it went.

So I'm sitting here and outside the window, my redneck neighbor is mowing his lawn in a rather strange fashion. (This is a welcome postlude to the hour he spent earlier revving an unmuffled engine in his backyard for no obvious reason). Nothing is inherently weird about mowing your lawn on a sunny day, except for the fact that about every minute and a half, he goes "Yee-haw" at the top of his lungs. Now keep in mind, the Mason Dixon line is thousands of miles away. I think it would be almost normal if we were in a small town in Alabama, but we're not, we're in Southeast Portland...hardly a redneck nirvana. And furthermore, it's not like he's riding a tractor/lawnmower...no he's just pushing a pushmower in the front yard. And going Yee-haw. Over and over.

Wow. Sometimes you just gotta wonder...

I really wish I had a videocamera handy, this is SOOOO youtube material. Alas, I don't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home