Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Today was a good day

Wow, y'all, today was pretty good...
Just waking up in the morning gotta thank god, I dont know but today seems kinda odd,
No barking from the dogs, no smog...no buggin', no phone's ringing, nothing beeping, and I couldn't even hear the trash trucks bangin' and slammin',
I got outta bed and had somethin' to eat, then realized it was time to hit tha street,
Hooked it up on later as I hit the do', Thinking will I live, another twenty-fo',
You gotta wonder with the way people drive, takin' on cellphones and all that jive,
I cant believe, today was a good day,
I made it to class at nine on the dime, found a good seat and, made it on time,
got all kindsa answers to questions that were burnin', keepin' me up late with my pages turnin',
Didnt even get no static from the cowards,
Cause just yesterday them fools tried to blast me,
Saw the police and they rolled right past me,
Got them kids to hit the books, stop messin' around an' givin' each other looks,
They wrote their papers and practiced their lines,
And e'rybody even showed up on time,
Plus nobody I know got killed in SE Portland today,
Today was a good day,
Today I didnt even have to use my A.K.,
My superpowers were all I needed for a change
I got to say it was a good day.
Hey wait, wait a minute fool, Stop the shit, What the fuck am I thinking about?
So maybe it wasn't quite as good as the Ice Cube song I was thinkin' about, but I'll take it just the same, everything went really well for a change and I felt like I was on top of my game.
But maybe it was just because the sun was out for the first time in a real long time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home