Saturday, January 20, 2007

teacup lake

sarah talked us into going cross country skiing at teacup lake. i have a big fat blister on my heel but i had sooo much fun. i'd never been cross country skiing before in my life (like most southerners, I grew up without this sort of experience), so this was a whole new thing for me, but I got the hang of it after awhile and only fell down a couple of times, which isn't bad for me. later on, sitting around a woodstove on top of a snow covered mountain when i was too tired to move was just as fun in it's own way, i swear if i had a woodstove, i could ride out the winter anywhere, no matter how snowy...crossing mt hood was just amazing. i can't go up there myself, so i don't have the means to do this very often. it is so incredibly beautiful being in a place where there's 4+ ft of pristine white powdery snow coating every fir and cedar tree for miles and miles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home