Saturday, July 16, 2005

sour plums/酸っぱい 梅

apparently nobody likes those 酸っぱい 日本 の 梅 sour japanese plums but me. i just love their puckery taste and i'll go out walking around in search of the distinctive purple-leafed trees in the summer, when they set their small similarly colored fruit.
it seems though that no one else is even remotely interested in plums...except for these random kids i ran into at lithia park one time.
walking across the bridge, i saw a branch of plums hanging down and reached up to pluck one, tossed it in my mouth and ate it. 美味しい! these kids were standing around wide-eyed "you can EAT those?" the fact that they're sour didn't seem to stop them a bit. after that they were like squirrels in a nuthouse.

lately the Prunus cerasiferas have been kicking out the plums around here. I don't remember them being this late last year, but then again it was a cold spring.

I guess ultimately i should be glad nobody else likes them...I have them all to myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home